Tutti Frutti Ice Cream

This is my all time favorite ice cream flavor. I got this recipe from my dear friends, the Iba family. They made this ice cream one night when they had me over for dinner. I can still smell the jasmine blooming just outside their dining room window. I love this ice cream with Hershey's chocolate sauce or in an ice cream float with 7-up. Yum!!


Note: This recipe makes enough ice cream for 2 ½ to 3 quarts.  If you have a small ice cream machine like a Cuisine Art, you will need to process in two batches (or cut the recipe in half to make 1 batch).

Juice of 3 lemons
Juice of 3 limes
Juice of 3 oranges
½ ripe banana, smashed

1 to 1 ½ cup sugar (according to your desired sweetness)
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup half & half
1 cup whole milk
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Instructions:

Combine all of the above ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Whisk to combine.

Pour half of the ice cream mixture into your ice cream freezer leaving about 3 inches head space so it does no overflow as the ice cream churns.  Process for about 60 minutes. 


Remove ice cream from the machine and place into containers.  I usually freeze mine for about 20 minutes before serving just to give it some time to set.

Popular Posts