Hot Artichoke Dip




I know, I know.... everyone makes this! But.... this is a food journal about great memories with great people, and this recipe must be included.  I remember the first time I had it... the first time it was ever popular. My brother Lane made it for a party back in 1985, and I thought this was the most delectable thing I had ever tasted. I craved it for days afterwards. You can never go wrong serving this dip at a party. Here's to Lane: a pretty good cook, and a terrific brother.

2 – 8oz. Packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 can artichoke bottoms, drained and diced
1 small jar of marinated artichoke hearts (drain marinade) and cut in half.
1 small can diced mild green chilies
dash salt

With a hand mixer, blend the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and salt. Mix in the artichokes and chilies. Spread in a chafing dish and top with a little Parmesan.

Bake in a 325 degree oven until heated, about 15 minutes. Make sure not to overheat.

Serve hot with crackers or tortilla chips.

Popular Posts